Cross Linked Polyethylene - 4LB Charcoal
For a reliable solution made to offer superior strength, our cross-linked polyethylene 4LB charcoal foam is a great choice for a range of projects. This is an affordable option that never compromises on the important matters of performance, versatility, and longevity.
Ideal for projects requiring a thicker solution, chemically cross-linked foam is an extremely fine-celled foam which makes it extra durable against wear and tear. This cross-linked polyethylene 4LB charcoal foam offers the added benefit of a higher density which only adds to the strength and performance. From an improved ability to absorb shocks to an impressive water resistance, this foam solution offers superior physical and chemical properties. It can be used for a range of applications thanks to the overall durability. A few common applications include thermal insulation, construction expansion joints, and industrial gaskets, packaging, and flotation equipment. Whether you choose this option for sound deadening in layers or as padding for automotive packages, this is a smart solution with a lot to offer. If you have any questions about this solution, please Contact Us today.
Custom Cutting is Available!
Choose from several thickness levels and sizes to get the right outcome for your needs. In addition to our standard sizes, we also offer custom cutting to meet your exact needs with ease. Please Contact Us for details.
- Health Care: Medical packaging, orthopedic and prosthetic padding, wheelchair pads, suture counters
- Transportation: Automotive anti-rattle pads, glass packaging, gaskets, marine buoys and bumpers, waterproof cushions
- Building and Construction: Eaves filler strip, special application playground padding
- Sports and Leisure: Kayak construction, toys, body armor, life jackets, personal watercraft seats, backpack shoulder straps
- General Industrial: Appliance gaskets and insulation, artifact packaging, radar spacers, protective padding
Add Adhesive Backing for Easy Application!
If you are looking for an easy method to apply your foam to another surface, look no further than our adhesive backing. We can add this adhesive to a number of our closed-cell products. See Adhesive Backing for Foam for details!
- Excellent buoyancy
- Good thermal insulator
- Excellent strength and shock absorption
- Low water absorption
- Impervious to mildew, mold, rot, and bacteria
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Nontoxic and contains no CFCs, HCFCs, or hydrocarbon blowing agents
- Similar to Minicel in USA, Alveolit in Europe, and Softlon in Japan and Australia
Physical Data Sheet: Cross Linked Polyethylene Physical Data Sheet
Products may carry a size tolerance depending on the style and job. Please see our Tolerance Table.
Standard Sheet Sizes
Standard sheets of foam are cut slightly larger than the listed size to compensate for shrinkage during packaging, transit, and delivery. Sheets may contain rough edges.
*48" x 24" 3-Pack
The 3-pack of 48" x 24" is cut down from 72" x 48" for shipping purposes.
**4-1/2" Thickness XPE
The 4-1/2" thickness has a thickness range from 4" to 4-1/2" and includes skin top and bottom.