8LB Cross-Linked Polyethylene (XPE) is a medium to high-density closed-cell foam with a good balance between firmness and flexibility. Higher-density XPE offer more durability and better resistance to compression than lower density options.
- Closed-Cell Structure: Similar to other closed-cell foams, XPE foam has a closed-cell structure, which means its individual cells are sealed off from each other. This closed-cell arrangement provides the foam with resistance to water, moisture, and air penetration.
- Cross-Linking: The cross-linking process involves chemically bonding the polymer chains within the polyethylene foam. This cross-linking enhances the material's mechanical properties, making it more resistant to wear, tearing, and other forms of physical stress.
- Durability: XPE foam is known for its high durability, making it suitable for applications where a long lifespan and resistance to degradation are essential.
- Flexibility: Despite its durability, XPE foam remains flexible, allowing it to be easily shaped and manipulated for various uses.
- Thermal Insulation: Cross-linked polyethylene foam exhibits good thermal insulation properties. This makes it useful in applications where temperature control and insulation are important, such as in packaging, construction, and HVAC systems.
- Shock Absorption: The foam's closed-cell structure and cross-linked nature make it effective in absorbing shocks and impacts. This property is valuable in applications like protective packaging and sports equipment.
- Chemical Resistance: XPE foam is generally resistant to chemicals, adding to its versatility in different environments.
- Packaging Inserts: The foam can be used for protective packaging to cushion and secure delicate items during transportation.
- Gaskets and Seals: It can be employed as gaskets and seals in industrial applications due to its resilience and resistance to compression.
- Sports and Leisure Products: The foam may be used in the production of sports and leisure products, such as padding for helmets, knee pads, and other protective gear.
- Automotive Components: It might find applications in automotive interiors for insulation, padding, and sound dampening.
- Construction: The foam can be used for insulation in construction applications where a combination of thermal insulation and structural support is needed.
Custom Cutting is Available!
In addition to our standard sizes, our team can also cut custom sizes of this material to meet your exact needs. Please Contact Us for details.
Add Adhesive Backing for Easy Application!
If you are looking for an easy method to apply your foam to another surface, look no further than our adhesive backing. We can add this adhesive to a number of our closed-cell products. See Adhesive Backing for Foam for details!
Products may carry a size tolerance depending on the style and job. Please see our Tolerance Table.
Standard Sheet Sizes
Standard sheets of foam are cut slightly larger than the listed size to compensate for shrinkage during packaging, transit, and delivery. Sheets may contain rough edges.
*48" x 24" 3-Pack
The 3-pack of 48" x 24" is cut down from 72" x 48" for shipping purposes.