Chemically cross-linked foam is an extremely fine-celled foam, ideal for projects and applications that require thicker foam. With a smooth, pleasant feel combined with superior physical and chemical properties, our cross-linked polyethylene 2LB foam is the solution for an array of applications that demand thicker sections of closed-cell material. With its closed-cell density, this strong and reliable foam works well commercially as thermal insulation, construction expansion joints, and industrial gaskets. It is also used as packaging and in flotation equipment, with its low moisture permeability and high buoyancy.
Cross Linked Polyethylene Foam 2LB Density is accepted for use in U.S. Coast Guard** approved devices. This acceptance is for materials 1/2 to 3 inches thick.
White and charcoal are available in all sheet sizes since these are common choices. The colors blue, green, purple, red and yellow are available in full sheets only.
Custom Cutting is Available!
While we offer commonly needed sizes at the ready, we can also cut custom sizes of cross-linked polyethylene foam for any project. Please Contact Us for details.
- Health Care: Medical packaging, orthopedic and prosthetic padding, wheelchair pads, suture counters
- Transportation: Automotive anti-rattle pads, glass packaging, gaskets, marine buoys and bumpers, waterproof cushions
- Building and Construction: Eaves filler strip, special application playground padding
- Sports and Leisure: Kayak construction, toys, body armor, life jackets, personal watercraft seats, backpack shoulder straps
- General Industrial: Appliance gaskets and insulation, artifact packaging, radar spacers, protective padding
IMPORTANT: U.S Coast Guard Approval
Use of the words "U.S. Coast Guard" on any literature or advertising of non-U.S. Coast Guard approved devices is prohibited.
Products may carry a size tolerance depending on the style and job. Please see our Tolerance Table.
Standard Sheet Sizes
Standard sheets of foam are cut slightly larger than the listed size to compensate for shrinkage during packaging, transit, and delivery. Sheets may contain rough edges.
Shipping 3" and 4" XPE
For thicknesses 3" and over, the 3-pack of 48" x 24" is cut down from 72" x 48" for shipping purposes. Contact Us for details.