When winter weather hits your city with gusting winds, heavy snowfall, and freezing overnight temperatures, there’s nothing more satisfying than being able to retreat to a warm, cozy bedroom for the evening. If your current sleeping space falls short of the comfortable and inviting sanctuary you’ve always envisioned, use these tips to help create the bedroom of your dreams.
- Put flannel sheets on the bed for added warmth when you sleep. Be sure to choose quality flannel sheets that become soft and fluffy over time rather than threadbare and scratchy.
- Treat yourself to a memory foam mattress topper for contoured, targeted support where your body needs it most. FoamByMail.com has memory foam mattress toppers available in 3 lb., 4 lb., and 5lb. densities to make it easier to choose the level of support required.
- Use an electric blanket or electric throw to keep the bed warm and toasty all night long without having to run the furnace.
- Invest in a genuine or synthetic down comforter for the ultimate in warmth retention. Though down comforters tend to be pricey, they will last for many years with the right care and are worth the money.
- Consider using support pillows, including wedges, oval bolsters, and full body pillows, for overnight support under your knees, neck, shoulders, back, and other achy parts.
- Put area rugs over hardwood floors or layer them on top of carpeting for superior warmth and softness whenever you step out of bed. Seek out rugs with soft, fuzzy textures for the best results.
- Install energy efficient window treatments that help insulate your room by keeping warm air in and cold air out.
- Try a tufted headboard instead of wood to make sitting upright while watching Netflix or using your laptop a more comfortable experience. Tufted headboards are surprisingly easy to DIY and are much less expensive than wood.
- If you have a “no pets on the bed” policy, be sure to put a memory foam dog bed or cat bed somewhere in the room to give your pet a snug place to curl up (and allow for guilt-free enforcement of the rule).
You don’t have to hire a professional interior decorator to make your bedroom the most comfortable room in the entire house. Just follow these tips and you’ll be well on your way to creating the ultimate cozy bedroom before winter arrives.